Deering Calico 5-String Banjo CALICO
A premium quality world class 5-string banjo that is appreciated for its crisp tone with great highs and distinctive bass response. The Calico is not only beautiful, but it is also exceptionally dynamic with both powerful sound and response providing an excellent tool for all styles of music. At this price point we add two features, we taper the inside of the resonator walls for added projection of tone, and we also add the feature of glued-in frets. Each fret is fitted to the fingerboard and glued in place so that in the future when the frets are worn out, they can easily be replaced without chipping the fingerboard. You will gain these benefits on every model from the Calico on up the line.
The heart of the Deering Calico banjo is the Deering bronze tone-ring, precisely fitted to the three ply maple rim. The Deering -06- tone ring produces a beautiful, balanced overtone spectrum. Its weight is ideal for most styles played on the banjo. A softer touch will provide you with as much sustain as you ever want, a sharper attack will produce a distinct pop and accurate note separation. You will notice no dead spots over the entire fingerboard. The beautiful highs and powerful well rounded bass is the result of intense study of alloys and shapes resulting in superb sound.
- Curly Maple with a Honey Stain
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
- Mother of Pearl Scroll Inlays
- Ivoroid Bound Fingerboard
- Multi-color Neck Purfling Trim
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- Bound Neck and Peghead
- Slender, Comfortable Deering Neck Shape
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Deering Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11? Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks with Â¼? Hex Nuts
- One Piece Nickel Plated Zinc Flange
- 5/8? Deering Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Satin Finish
- Curly Maple
- Coral Snake Wood Purfling Trim
- Ivoroid Binding
- Shallow Depth for Quick Response
- The Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone
- High Gloss Finish
With a brighter tone than mahogany, maple provides a beautiful bass response and great highs. The banjo plays string to string and up the neck at a consistent clarity and excellent volume so it is easily heard amongst a band.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4?
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4?
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8?
- Overall Instrument Length 38?
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case